Health & Safety
From the inception of Torr Engineering, the health and safety of our employees and those who are affected by their actions has always been at the forefront of our business policy.
An excerpt from our health and safety policy reads:
TORR ENGINEERING REGARDS THE SAFETY OF ITS EMPLOYEES AND THIRD PARTIES CONNECTED WITH THE ACTIONS OF TORR ENGINEERING STAFF WITH PARAMOUNT IMPORTANCE.
ALL STAFF HAVE A DUTY OF CARE TO THEMSELVES AND THOSE AROUND THEM.
AT NO TIME WHATSOEVER SHOULD ANY MEMBER OF STAFF UNDERTAKE ANY TASK THAT THEY DEEM TO BE UNSAFE TO THEMSELVES OR OTHERS AROUND THEM.
NO JOB IS TOO IMPORTANT TO COMPRISE YOUR OR OTHERS SAFETY.
At Torr Engineering we have produced our own substantial portfolio of HSE documentation, extensively composed and written from scratch by those most affected by the policies; The employees themselves.
This documentation is reviewed regularly in order to address changes in legislation, the working environment and the equipment used. Feedback is obtained on a site by site basis to ensure any new risks or hazards are identified early and control measures can be put in place and communicated to all employees.
As part of our membership of ConCom – The Humber Bank Contractor Competency Forum, our HSE performance is independently audited and our record keeping inspected on a regular basis.
Up to this date Torr Engineering’s health and safety record remains unblemished, and we are doing everything practicable to keep it that way.
Torr Engineering Limited is committed to minimising the impact of its activities on the environment. We will be committed to:
- Minimising waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- Minimise toxic emissions through the planned selection and use of its fleet.
- Sourcing the most environmentally friendly options from our suppliers where available.
- Advising new and existing clients to achievable energy savings through new energy efficient technology.
- Advising new and existing clients to achievable energy savings through pre planned maintenance of equipment.
- Using recycled supplies where appropriate.
- Actively promoting the recycling of office waste and equipment packaging.
- Strict observation of refrigerant handling practices to minimise emissions to atmosphere.
- Recycling of reclaimed hazardous waste through approved facilities.
- Furthering our programme of paperless invoicing and promoting electronic billing from suppliers.
- Encouraging the adoption of similar principles by our clients & suppliers.